Friday, February 28, 2014

Authors I Like: Chuck Palahniuk, Aleksandr Belyaev

I don't really like american writers, I am in to Russian science fiction - Alexander Belyaev is my god and Professor Dowell's Head is my bible. Seriously, it's my favorite book, well maybe after Master and Margarita by Bulgakov, I re read it a million times, however when I talk about it no one ever has the idea what it is and what it's all about, what makes me like it even more.

So for some strange reason I liked Chuck Palahniuk, even though I never really admitted it to myself or anyone else, even though I really liked Fight Club and Guts (fascinating story about a boy and a circulation pump in a swimming pool haha) I thought that he was over hyped. Obviously after reading that:

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.” 
(Rant)

There is so much in those simple words, that make me so melancholic about it, never better said.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Really appreciate you looking through my blog and finding some time to comment!